Sunday, May 8, 2011

Do You Hate Cancer? Make a Donation, Be Entered in a Raffle!

I'm Karen, your Insanknitty blog writer. I'm posting this with Dale Ann's permission.

My older sister is currently winning her battle with breast cancer, having been cancer-free for 3.5 years. I'm guessing you know someone who has fought breast cancer, or know of someone. It's a horrible disease, and affects ONE IN EIGHT WOMEN. If you look around our Tuesday night Insanknitty, that's staggering!

On May 14, 2011, my sister is participating in Race For The Cure in Columbus, Ohio. The money raised will stay in Central Ohio to fund mammograms and cancer treatment for those without insurance and those who are facing fincancial hardship. I bet you know someone in that situation also.

On my own personal blog, Ttownknitiot, you will find my sister's story, and a link to her donation page. You will also find a contest with YARNY PRIZES!!! Yes, I said prizes. wooohooo! There are FOUR prizes, not three, since our own Sarah Lou has generously offered to make a set of stitch markers.

You simply make a tax deductible donation to Race For The Cure following the link, then email me confirmation of your donation at ttownknitiot at gmail dot com (spelled out to avoid spam). After that, leave a comment on MY blog. If you aren't sure how to leave a comment, let me know in the email. I'll put a comment with your name on the blog.

The drawing for prizes for prizes will be held on May 15, and winners will be announced on my blog.

What are the prizes?

A skein of Chewy Spaghetti sport weight (we used her yarn once for sock club - she did our pickles and peppers yarn)

Two skeins of Claudia Hand Paint - Strawberry Latte

One skein of Wollmeise!

A set of stitch markers.

More prizes may be added. Pictures are on my blog!

We are all about helping others at Yarn Cravin' and I hope you will find it in your hearts to help if you are able. If you can't help financially, pray for good weather!

Peace and Love,
Karen

1 comment:

Dale Ann said...

Karen, I would like to add a free skein of yarn from YC. The winners choice!